1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mercedes E-200 Won't Start

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by klubworld, Jul 25, 2011.

1. klubworld

klubworld New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    E200
    My Mercedes E200 1997 car starts with the turning of the key but does not get to the kick-on point - just draining the battery. Attempts were made to jumpstart it with the power pack but still it did not start. The car is now located in a yard along Shepcote Lane, Sheffield. I need it sorted out. Please any help. And especially any local independent mechanics around Sheffield ?

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I wonder if it is the fan short circuit that blows fuse 10 in the ECU box

3. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    try to be clearer about what is/isn't happening - does the engine 'turn over' at a fair lick when you turn the key?.....

4. grober

grober Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204 C200cdi estate
    Assuming its a petrol engined car- do you smell petrol- is it getting fuel- have you filled up recently from a strange filling station---- I am thinking contaminated fuel. Other possibility is some form of faulty/ failed immobiliser. You could try the disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour trick- which sometimes resets things---don't close the boot or you won't get back in!