New Member HELP on CL55 2001

Jack Standley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL55
Car was fine when picked up in February, everything was working on the journey home. Have had it parked up for 4 months, the battery went flat from not being used.

Put a new battery on yesterday 1/6/20 and have now lost, radiator fan, central locking, key chip not recognised, no movement on drivers seat (electric) no windows going up and down, no radio even lighting up or engaging,

solved a problem with it running (crank sensor new one has been ordered)
I’ve ordered replacement SAM units, passenger side and drivers side under the bonnet.
Would there be any other silly reason these things have stopped working just from being caused from a flat battery? thanks in advance

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Some MBs use more than one battery and when the second battery goes flat all those things you mentioned also fail. Run the engine for half an hour and see if the come back.

OP
J

Jack Standley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL55
Thanks LostKiwi do you know where the second battery would be kept? I’ve replaced the main one in the boot

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Usually the starter battery is under the bonnet passenger side but dont think they all had one , pretty sure my CL500 only has the one in the boot

OP
J

Jack Standley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL55
From what I can see there isn’t a battery under the front bonnet, as far as I was aware was only the main battery. Can’t see there being a different between a CL500 so I will have to investigate. Just strange a flat battery has caused all this aggro!! Thankyou for replying

OP
J

Jack Standley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL55
Just weird that everything was working fine on the journey home. All electrics etc. It got parked up and the battery died.. now it’s knocked all of the “Comfort module stuff” I.e electric chairs, drivers side windows, radio, central locking etc..
yet passenger window switch works for the one window? Absolutely baffled.
Just going to have to mess around with the relays/fuses etc see if I can get anything back working Again.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
How long was it stood before hand ? Batteries fail for a number of reasons pal , you would be better off having it on star and get a proper diagnosis rather than guessing, its very rarely a relay or fuse when so many things stop all at once, more likely a SAM unit

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Don't be too hasty replacing everything as this could make it a very expensive repair. As already said take the car out for a run and see what starts working, these cars hate flat batteries and this causes all sorts of electrical gremlins that tend to sort themselves out. What battery did you buy, was it a direct replacement for the original and don't be surprised if the new battery is duff, it happens.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Lots of those units have a self protect built in, if a code has been thrown by the unit then until it’s cleared it may not start working again.
Merc’s really don’t like no power and all the things you mention are exactly what happens when there isn’t any, or that you jump start and blow all the SAMs,

OP
J

Jack Standley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL55
Thankyou for the replies, I will look into what everyone had said and appreciate the help!!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom