NOX sensor - clean but EML still shows

Paddy123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/2014/Diesel
Hey guys, I bought a 14 C Class last July from a local dealer (not MB) and the EML showed up not long ago.

I went to an independent electrical garage and their tablet said it looked to be an issue with the NOX sensor. I’ve read the experiences of others here, but feel my situation is a bit different - due to car age/sensor being clean/chance of goodwill gesture.

The garage had a look at the sensor and the area around it under the car, and said it looked completely clean. I’ve no idea what MK version the current sensor is.

They turned the EML off but it came back on after 200 miles. I don’t know for sure, but it’s likely it’s the same issue.

The car’s software was upgraded in December, when I took it for servicing to MB, as there was an outstanding software recall.

If the sensor area is clean and there’s no corrosion around it, does that mean I’d likely need to replace it?

I rang my local MB dealership who couldn’t say for certain if I would get it paid for as a good will gesture. They obviously want their £150ish diagnostics fee to make sure that’s the issue. I’m not feeling confident that they would do the goodwill gesture, since the car is from 2014, has 72k miles and I did not buy it from MB directly. My warranty is now expired with the local dealer I bought it off.

Really keen to avoid such a huge bill if I can, so looking for any advice you may have on what can be done or whether I should try my luck with MB & swallow the £150 charge - even if it doesn’t pay off. Thanks!

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
There's 2 Nox sensors , pre and post dpf. Good luck.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Updated software needs the updated NOx sensors.
It has been mentioned on the forum previous.

OP
P

Paddy123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/2014/Diesel
Updated software needs the updated NOx sensors.
It has been mentioned on the forum previous.
Thanks, I’ll get the garage to see if they can look at both sensors - and try to see what model they are. If it needs a new sensor, I’ll get them to buy MK3 then

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom