W208 CLK electric car seat problem

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK C208/2002/3.2, C Class S205/2019/220d, E class cab A124/1996/2.2
The fore/aft motor seems to have gone on the drivers side. The other motors are working so I presume its not a fuse and that the motor has burnt out. Can anyone confirm?

OP
zedmeister

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can anyone advise on this?

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Do check the fuses in the boot first. You will have to remove the motor to test it properly. Worst case the seat carriages can jam up.
Its always worth vigorously moving the switch forward and back just in case there is a problem with the switch pack, although these do not normally fail.

OP
zedmeister

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do check the fuses in the boot first. You will have to remove the motor to test it properly. Worst case the seat carriages can jam up.
Its always worth vigorously moving the switch forward and back just in case there is a problem with the switch pack, although these do not normally fail.
Hi,
Thanks I'll have a look at these - where abouts are the fuses? The ones with the battery? Any particular ones?
You mention the switch pack - had that changed last year!

OP
zedmeister

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I feel so annoyed and happy at the same time - it was the fuse in the boot - I had no idea that each motor would have a separate fuse. I had assumed that there was 1 fuse per seat. Its a 25amp fuse - no. 9 I think. The only issue is that I have already bought a complete new rack with motors on it thinking that I needed a new motor :(

Anyone need to buy a rack, or ECU or motor, or seat belt retainer PM me!

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Sorry you already bought spares.
But happy it was only a fuse!!!

OP
zedmeister

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well as you know the fore/aft motor is now working thanks to WG M-B, but there is another issue. The car seat used to move forward to ease rear entry when the handle was lifted but it no longer does this. Is this another fuse somewhere or ECU function or the switch in the handle? I can hear it click like a relay being activated but it does not move. Maybe there is a reset position procedure now that the motor is fixed?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well as you know the fore/aft motor is now working thanks to WG M-B, but there is another issue. The car seat used to move forward to ease rear entry when the handle was lifted but it no longer does this. Is this another fuse somewhere or ECU function or the switch in the handle? I can hear it click like a relay being activated but it does not move. Maybe there is a reset position procedure now that the motor is fixed?

The car may need to go on STAR and the seat normalized,,,Have you tried re storing the memory positions otherwise it will not know where it is or should be

OP
zedmeister

zedmeister

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The car may need to go on STAR and the seat normalized,,,Have you tried re storing the memory positions otherwise it will not know where it is or should be

I have set 1 of the memory positions but still no joy - I can't believe that a blown fuse or say if the battery was changed which would amount to the same thing would require a reset on star! There must be another procedure to reset it like when you change the battery and you have to do the steering and windows to reset it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well not much else can b done at this stage, the fuse blew through some reason then,, all I can think of is to move the seat all the way forward and store it do the same all the way back and the seat might work out where it is, the seat never goes back if the stored setting is too far back

Top Bottom