W210 Radio "SERVICE" LCD Message - What does it mean?

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Hi guys,

Simple problem... cant find a post about it. I was driving along, switching radio frequencies, as suddenly my radio says "Service" (there was some word that came before it, but didnt catch it) and now its stuck on "SERVICE". Changing stations works, changing CDs works, changing songs works, basically, everything seems to work... except it doesnt display ANYTHING except "SERVICE". I already tried to disconnect it from the battery, this did not seem to help (normally it asks me to enter the code again)

This is a W210 320 CDI 1999 model with 6CD changer op optics. Car is fine otherwise.

Any ideas? Should I disconnect it longer? Or is it a fault outside the radio?

W

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have two fuses,,one for the using the radio and the other for the memory back up,,both must be removed before it can re set

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK I have had a further look and it needs to be pluged into STAR and it needs configuration

OP
Irresistance

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Okay :)

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. Any clues on WHY it happened?

Regards, W

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom