Wheel bolts too long? Alloys on a W209

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks Malcolm, some of the bolts will have the extra thread due to the orientation of the bolt in the vice as I completed my hand made cuts. I'm guessing it's the clamping force between head of the bolt/wheel/hub that makes for a tight fit rather than anything else, and any more threads that stick out the back of the hub/drive flange are superfluous?

Yes, the bolts I eventually needed were taper, as the wheels I have are MB 15 hole copies, this has given me all sorts of problems obtaining the correct bolts to complete the job.

Yes a sure thing,,it does depend on the where the saw goes into the thread.

Pleased that it all worked out OK

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
Yes a sure thing,,it does depend on the where the saw goes into the thread.

Pleased that it all worked out OK

I thank you for all your comments, help and guidance with this too - you are a very patient man!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I thank you for all your comments, help and guidance with this too - you are a very patient man!

Thank you:D:D

Its easy for me as I am so old,,back in the 50's everything was DIY or go without, and wheels falling off back then was common place :(

It is always a great pleasure in being able to pass any information on these things, cars are not very DIY orientated these days so not many get the chance to learn

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom