w123

1. V

OM603 swap on a W123

Hi, I've been driving a W123 200d with OM615 and a 4 speed manual gearbox for 5 years now. Its burning a bit of oil and I think I'll have to rebuild it in the future. So, I'm playing with the idea of changing to a more powerful engine. Many do the 617 swap but I was thinking a step furthur...
  2. G

[Spares] Recaro CSE Seats (Pair) For W116/126, W128

Recaro CSE Front Seats Originally used by late father in his W123 and possibly W116/126 They are fulling working pneumatically and mechanically. On base to suit but don't have fore back sliders adjusters. I think it they go on factory ones. Drivers seat has position memory. In excellent...
  3. Bini

w123 speaker upgrade

Hello, Just picked up a w123 coupe and wanted to change the speakers in the back, but struggling to work out how to best pop out the parcel shelf without damaging anything? Was thinking of maybe putting in some 6x9s. Thanks Bini
  4. G

Restoration in or near Gloucestershire

Dear Benz folk, I'm a very new member but have owned my '83 W123 for 20 years. It's time to get some work done so wondering if anyone can recommend anybody in the Cheltenham/Gloucestershire area? General body work but also needs some welding underneath, possibly some panel/floor/sill replacement...
  5. S

What type of transmission do the W124 have?

So i recently bought a Mercedes 240D. The owner said that he swapped the old iron-case 4 speed transmission to a W124 5 speed transmission. Does anyone know whether the transmission is Iron-case or Aluminum-case? Its a manual
  6. M

w123 fuel gauge tool

Hiya Newbie forum visitor. Have read some stuff before but now need to ask a question. Need to open my fuel level sensor and after reading up it seems I need one of these massive 46m (1 13/16) sockets. The ones the sell 'off the shelve' are all quite massive. So the question is: would the...
  7. K

Vehicle W123-Parts Manual

Hi everyone, i'm looking for parts manual for my W123, VIN below. Its a 1978 naturally aspirated 250 inline 6 cylinder. VIN: 123026-20-044500
  8. mark.s

W123 value ?

Hi Forum members. Before I go and put this great W123 up for sale. I would like to get your feeling on its value. I have a ball park from a few sources but would be great to get your thoughts ? Mercedes-Benz Model 123 Series Year 1979 Engine 2.5 Fuel Petrol Reg - YTG647T Date of first...
  9. dbanbery

Vehicle 1982 Mercedes 200 W123 Saloon.

£2400 ono - car is located in West Midlands. Viewing recommended. Copied and pasted from my ebay auction, more pictures on the ebay link at the bottom of post. Here we have for sale my W123 200 Saloon. I bought this in 2015 as a project, and now its time to send it on to the next owner to...
  10. J

Thinking of buying W123 or W201 - any advice on best model?

Hi, I previously owned a W124 300C 24V which was, on the whole, a great car but I had to get rid of it due to re-location. I am now thinking of buying a W123 or W201 (190e) to use as a regular car (not much commuting) and also as an appreciating classic. Does anyone have any recommendations as...
  11. nimchimpsky82

New member after a W123...

Hi all I thought I’d say hi and briefly describe my reasons for joining. As is obvious from the topic, I don’t currently own a Mercedes, and so unfortunately don’t have any photos to share just yet… That will hopefully change in the not too distant future, though, as I have finally acquired a...
  12. D

FOR SALE - 1981 Mercedes w123 200d fully rebuilt engine FOR SALE

Hi all, please pass on to those interested/curious. Thanks! FOR SALE - 1981 Mercedes w123 200d FOR SALE - fully rebuilt engine Hello, here is a w123 project with minimal restoration work required. It's a 2 litre diesel, 4 speed manual. It's been dry stored ever since I took it off the road...
  13. D

Low mileage W123 230E Auto Breaking

Hi all, As we enter 2017 busier than ever, we have made the decision, with regret to create even more space here at our Surrey HQ. The latest sacrifice comes in the form of a lovely low mileage W123 230E which we had stripped for a full show n' shine resto. This car is now up for grabs as a...
  14. TravisMerc

W123 Coupé Window Scrapers / Seals

Hi all Restoring a W123 Coupé and have run into a difficulty with window scraper seals (front and rear both sides). Apparently MB have discontinued these: I'm really hoping that someone here knows where we can get some. Anyone have some for sale? Is there a source of these somewhere...
  15. L

Persistent ticking noise

Hi everyone, newbie here :D For the past while I've been experiencing a light ticking noise whenever I let my car idle. I have found that pushing on either the brake or clutch pedals slightly causes the ticking to stop, but I really don't want to have to keep doing that for ever just to keep...
  16. D

How to shut off my W123 diesel?

Hi there, It seems that my shutoff valve is either sticking or leaking as it has got progressively worse over the last month or so and finally this morning I sat outside of work for over 10 minutes waiting for it to stop. So until I fix that how do I kill the engine? In the videos...
  17. Q

[Wanted] Petrol M102 Engine for 1981 Mercedes 200 W123

Hi, As the title, does anyone please have an engine for sale for a 1981 Mercedes 200 W123- I'm needing a replacement due to a big end failure. Cash paid immediately and can pick up but good, excellent or remanufactured quality preferred. Please message me or leave a reply if you can...
  18. Q

[Wanted] Petrol M120 Engine for 1981 Mercedes 200 W123

Hi, As the title, does anyone please have an engine for sale for a 1981 Mercedes 200 W123- I'm needing a replacement due to a big end failure. Cash paid immediately and can pick up but good, excellent or remanufactured quality preferred. Please message me or leave a reply if you can...
  19. P

W123 280E 1985

HELLO ALL, I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 280E FROM EBAY WITH A BLOWN ENGINE AND AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD UNIT TO REPLACE IT WITH. ANY GENERAL HELP AND ADVICE WITH MY FIRST W123 WOULD BE VERY WELCOME, HAVEN'T COLLECTED IT YET! THE SELLER MENTIONED THE AIR CON DOES NOT WORK, IS THERE A COMMON FAULT WITH...
  20. Z

W123/W126 rear suspension arm...

Hello all, My W123 230ce isn't great right now, 29 years of having the wheels taken off and on, have taken it's toll, and the wheel bolt threads on the rear L/H hub are knackered. I spent a day drilling out 3 bolts, and removing what was left of the bolts, though after re-tapping the...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom