w211

1. T

Removing stuck brake discs - tip (W211)

I've just replaced the front discs on my S211 with Pagid ones from ECP (great price & service btw, thanks!). One of the discs came off with no problem, but the other was firmly stuck to the hub. Most of the internet seemed to be advocating the use of successively larger hammers to remove it...
  2. T

Moving the phone connector? (W211)

I have an S211 with phone pre-wiring, and use a Viseeo MB-2 Bluetooth unit in the UHI connector in the top of the centre console. As the MB-2 very rarely needs any form of human interaction, this seems like a waste of premium storage space in the console. It seems like a good idea to remove...
  3. Z

W211 Tail Gate Soft Close

Hi, This is my first post, so I apologise if anything goes wrong :Oops: (or if I go into too much detail) 4 weeks ago I purchased my 2004 E Class 270 CDI, which is a dream to drive, and pretty much since I've had it, I've had the same recurring problem...every now and again (typically in...
  4. O

Emission problems with W211 E200K 2004

Hi guys I am new to this and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. My E200k engine light came on earlier this year and my garage said it was the airflow meter. It was cleaned and reset and my garage said that if it comes back on then they would need to replace the airflow...
  5. H

Getting a 2004 W211 E240!

Hi Guys, Newbie here from South Africa. I am getting a W211 E240 this week. Pics can be seen on my Flicr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21548349@N08/sets/72157626825078119/ Cost is around 11'000 GBP (or R130 000 here) with 110 000km on the clock. The car is in a spotless condition except...
  6. A

W211 Glovebox door rattle

Hi, There seems to be a rattle coming from the "door" to the Glove box on my 2004 W211. I think one of the plastic clips on the inside of the door has broken off and is now making an annoying noise as it falls left & right under moderate cornering. Can someone let me know how to gain...
  7. N

W211 starter motor relay fuse blowing

Can someone please help. Called out the AA when the car wouldnt turn over and they diagnosed a blown 20 amp starter relay fuse. Once changed the car started but the same fuse has blown twice more since. Does anyone know if this a common problem and what may be causing it. Thanks in advance.
  8. C

E320 CDI judders when accelerating

Hi All, I'm new to this post and need some help with my Car, it’s a Merc E320 CDI 2003. Hope someone can help me out. The issue with my car is, it judders when you accelerate. The car wants to accelerate but something is holding it back. I popped round to the local Mercedes garage who...
  9. S

My New E Class S211

Hi All, As some of you may know I am a regular on this forum. Sadly I will be giving up my w202 (c class) via ebay/autotrader this week. (If anyone is interested PM. The car is a 250TD esprit 235000 on the clock) Following advice on the forum I have purchased a S211. 320 cdi avangarde...
  10. A

W211 E280CDI: Nokia / iPhone bluetooth connection

Hi all Attached is a photo of the Nokia fitting which came with my Dec 05 E280 CDI Avantgarde. I'd like to adapt it to work with my iPhone 4 via bluetooth but I don't think the fitting is the UHI one, for which the Viseeo MB-2 would be the adaptor. Have tried searching but can't find the...
  11. w211newby

w211 centre console removal

Hello I have a Parrot 9200 installed (I didn't install it :( ) and want to check some of the connections, but am not sure how to open up the centre console. Are the any instructions anywhere. I think I need to open/remove the armrest/bin, and the gear selector as the Parrot Blue box is...
  12. Z

Radio and Key problem.

Hi there, I do have this problem with my e200 avantgarde 2003 mod. My radio does not work good and i have too use the ir to unlock the dors. I have looked at the fuse in the front fuse box and the fuses are ok. Is there any checklist i can follow too find the problem. Can anyone tell me where...
  13. P

W211 Central Control Panel is Dead

Hi All This is my first post on this forum and I am really hoping somebody will be able to help with this really strange problem. My 2002 E320 has the APS50 + 6CD changer and the inbuilt phone system (now with Viseo fitted) all of which are fully functioning, except for the motorised...
  14. C

W211 E500 - Advice Please!

Thinking of buying a 2002/2003/2004 E500 saloon or wagon in the next couple of weeks. Any feedback? Any thoughts on what I should be looking out for? Any known problems with these cars? Thanks all!
  15. R

Bizarre noise on W211 E Class - guesses?

Folks, My local, highly trusted indy is currently looking at my beloved car to try and source the cause of a strange noise Ive noticed over the last few days. Symptoms: a noise similar to straining power steering system, particularly noticeable below 1000RPM, don't have to be moving -...
  16. R

E320 CDI Estate W211 2004 54 Remote Locking

Hi, have a E320 CDI '54 Estate, first post can anyone advise on the remote central locking RF not working & at the same time the AM / LW radio has lost signal and the FM signal is weak. The IR remote central locking will work, after a while, waving the key at the drivers door handle IR receiver...
  17. T

Service Brake - Visit Workshop

hi all, I have the dreaded message! I have had the front discs and pads done ( needed changing anyway) rears are fine, fluid also fine. Think it might be the SBC unit as it no longer primes when I open the door only when I touch the brake pedal. Read some threads on brake switch behind...
  18. R

W211 E320 CDI Service C Costs

Folks, firstly, apologies for probably repeating something that has been asked before! My E320 CDI (W211) is telling me Im just a few hundred miles from a Service C. So I've been ringing round different local MB dealers to get a price. So far I've yet to get a definitive list of whats...
  19. P

Cannot play MP3's in E-class W211 and AUX input

Hi All, New to this and first post. I've just recently purchased a 2003 E-class 220 CDi (W211) and noted in the manual that the fitted Audio20 can play MP3's. My car has the single CD player in the head unit as well as the 6 CD changer below it. I have tried burning several CD's (TDK brand)...
  20. K

w211 2003 cdi dashboard cluster,speedo failure...

Hi, hope somebody can give me some advice,basically the car has been stood for a long time,battery was changed and then it stood for a while longer,2yrs in total . Besides it standing i did notice condensation building up on the windows now and then, i had it valeted last week and the next day i...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom