w245

1. J

B200 CDI 2.0ltr timing chain tensioner location?

Hi, I’ve been trawling the Internet along with YouTube, several Mercedes sites and I’m getting nowhere in my search of trying to find the timing chain tensioner location on a 2010 B class 2ltr CDI (w245) I believe this is the inline 4 engine? The only engine code I can find OM640 but not 100%...
  2. twocups

LH rear tyre worn excessively on outer half (B Class / W245)

I realise I need to take the vehicle in to a garage to have it properly assessed, but pre-empting that, any thoughts on what could be causing this curious uneven wear pattern on my LH (nearside) rear tyre? - to the left of the approximate centreline of the tyre, the surface pattern is pretty...
  3. twocups

2009 B180/W245 - how to access washer jets?

My driver's side washer jet keeps getting blocked. I can temporarily clear its holes by shoving a pin down 'em, but it's only a matter of time before they clog again. I've looked but I can't see immediately see how to access it to remove for cleaning or replacement. Any pointers would be...
  4. K

SRS Warning Light (w245, 2009, b150)

Hi, I have a Mercedes Benz W245 (year 2009). I had an ELV (or Electronic Steering Lock) issue recently and hence ended up disassembling part of the steering wheel (I only realised later that I didn't need to disassemble the steering column to remove the ELV, because my ELV was in an unlocked...
  5. M

W245 Mobile Phone Bluetooth not Pairing

Hello, The mobile phone bluetooth connection on my B Class has stopped working - I recently changed mobile providers and have new sim card and since then I cna't get my phone to pair with the bluetooth unit. I was wondering if the original bluetooth connection password was linked to a specfic...
  6. R

Mercedes W245 B200 Turbo Power Steering Issues

Hi Gents, 1st things 1st, a very Happy New Year to you all!! Im having an intermittent issue with the B200. Sometimes when idle the power steering seems to make a very strange grinding rattling noise. Sometimes you can see the steering wheel on its own slightly. Now as its intermittent i took...
  7. sineda

New B-Class member from the East Midlands

Hi all, Newbie to this forums. Where shall I start? I am a car enthusiast, I used to sell cars as a hobby whilst studying law at university. Love to get my hands dirty in DYI. Thinking of opening an honest garage one day where customers won't be afraid that they may get ripped off and won't...
  8. R

B200 W245 ashtray light

Hi guys, Anyone know how to change the bulb. I see the white panel where the bulb I assume sits but how do you change the bulb?
  9. Irresistance

W245 B-Class opinions, reliability and MPG request

Hello, My wife's trusty old W210 E320 CDI is slowly becoming EOL, and we need a new a vehicle. After some deliberations I have come to believe the W245 B-class may be a suitable replacement. However, I am not very well-versed in this car and know little about it in terms of reliability and...
  10. M

W245 SE with 17" wheels & low profile tyres

Hello, My 2008 B200 SE CDI which I've just bought (a month ago) from an independent dealer is OK in every respect, but it has had 17" wheels with low profile tyres fitted (from new according to the works specification booklet that came with it). The ride is quite harsh and I'm already...
  11. T

W245 B180 CDI Glow plugs anomaly

After cleaning EGR something happened with the glow plugs, as before everything was fine. Now glow plugs don't work, as in the morning when it's feezing outside, it takes a while for the engine to start. After starting, the glow plugs light on dash stays on for the whole ride, although few times...
  12. L

W245 B180 CDI Handbrake Adjustment

Hi fellow Mercedes owners! I have a question for our more mechanically experienced friends: How is the hand brake adjusted on a W245? Is it on the callipers or is it under the car somewhere? Any guidance would be gratefully received!! Many thanks, Dave

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom