A/C Heater blower works only sometimes...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the motor spins fine then no point

hotrodder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 320te, '54 ragtop beetle (in bits)
Malcom's instructions should be more accurate on the details of dissmantling. I don't know how it worked dates wise regarding the exact wiper turtleshell cover details, my '93 320TE has the one piece wiper trim but the turtleshell cover is the metal type that requires disassembly to lubricate. If that's the case it's worth doing regardless while it's out of the car IMO- doesn't take long and can transform the wiper unless it already rocks the car when stationary

Blower motor 'bearings' are just bushes, not much you can do if they're shot AFAIK. A little dry lube (something with teflon/PTFE) can help if they're just a little stiff

OP
E

E280T

Reaction score
So your saying I should try it first with spraying some Teflon/Dry Lube inside the blower motor? Do I just spray it on the rotating parts? Gr, Namy

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This getting a little bit jumbled

If the motor is not turning at all the chances are the brushes have worn out and they ned to be replaced. This laso applies to a motor that works sometimes.

Only by taking the motor out can you check on the carbon brush contact. The motor can then be powered up to a 12v source and tested. While the motor is out,,dip a screwdriver blade into some oil and drop it into the bearing, spinning the motor as you do it.

If the motor runs always but only at the slowest or not all of the speed ranges, then replace the regulator

OP
E

E280T

Reaction score
Okay. Here is how it goes:

When I switch the ignition on the blower blows perfectly in low or high speed. When the engine starts it also functions fine. However, on the lower speed - at some point - the blower speed drops to real low and in high speed it maintains the speed. But then also; if I switch to the lower speed and back to high speed the blower will not blow fast anymore. This until I switch the ignition off and on again. Then the whole thing repeats itself. The AUTOMATIC mode of the EC hardly ever functions meaning it blows in middle speed but after it switches off (cause the needed temp is reached) the blower speed never goes up again... The regulator or the blower brushes?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
First check for tight bearings on the motor, it should spin quite easily

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom