Josh1313

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 vito 110 cdi
Hi all I am new to the forum and was hoping for some guidance. I have got a 2003 110 cdi vito and it has got a hot start problem.

When cold it starts fine every time but the glow plug light stays on for around 60 seconds.

When warm it struggles and have to turn it over for a while and sometimes it doesn't start for a minute or so after cranking for a while and again the glow plug light stays on for around 60 seconds after starting.

I have heard about the injector problems but didn't think it could be that as one has been replaced recently by the previous owner and didn't think it would be CPS with the glow plug light staying on.

Just finding it strange to think it to be a glow plug issue when it starts fine when cold but not when hot.

Recently done a 700 mile road trip over a few days so has been very annoying having to let it cool after stopping off somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
J

Josh1313

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 vito 110 cdi
Hi all I am new to the forum and was hoping for some guidance. I have got a 2003 110 cdi vito 638 and it has got a hot start problem.

When cold it starts fine every time but the glow plug light stays on for around 60 seconds.

When warm it struggles and have to turn it over for a while and sometimes it doesn't start for a minute or so after cranking for a while and again the glow plug light stays on for around 60 seconds after starting.

I have heard about the injector problems but didn't think it could be that as one has been replaced recently by the previous owner and didn't think it would be CPS with the glow plug light staying on.

Just finding it strange to think it to be a glow plug issue when it starts fine when cold but not when hot.

Recently done a 700 mile road trip over a few days so has been very annoying having to let it cool after stopping off somewhere.

Thanks in advance

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom