w211

1. P

Mercedes E220 first problem in 7 years

Hi all I have owned this my second merc for the past 8 years before this I had the 2001 E220 Cdi and have been two of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. That said I would normally fix any problems myself as I was brought up fixing cars with my dad. This problem has me a little confused.
  2. idlerider

W211 aircon leak

My E350 wagon has a refrigerant leak. Car had been sat for some time (on sales forecourts) and the engineer thinks it's the compressor seals, as it fills and holds pressure happily but loses it as soon as the compressor runs. Even under UV, he can't see a visible leak anywhere. I'm thinking of...
  3. moj91

W211 SRS question

We have a W211 E220 CDi estate with the dreaded SRS light on atm. Icarsoft points to the NS sensor on the front bumper impact bar (i know, a proper STAR read is needed :P ) As its the pita one to get to of the two we cant check the cable continuity/clean the contacts to see if that rectifies...
  4. grahamwoodward

W211 halogen headlight bulb replacement

What is the best way to uprate the dipped headlight bulbs on my W211 E-class? The current halogen bulbs give a poor image and are not up to the car's performance. The headlight lenses are not opaque so it must be the bulbs. I've fitted Nightbusters to the main beams; should I do the same for the...
  5. R

Tyres for W211 E320 CDI 225/55 R16 95 W

For sure this question has been asked many times but I would like to ask it again due to the fact that technique is developing very quickly. Anyone knows a good and reliable tyres for W211 E320 CDI ? Uptill now I am using MICHELIN Primacy HP 225/55 R16 95 W. These tyres are doing very good but...
  6. I

Alternative jump start points on a 2003 W211, E270

Hi folks, I thought I'd drop by and post this here in the hope it helps someone else. My own search for answers brought me through these forums time and time again but I happened to find the answer on an obscure video elsewhere after hours of searching. Apologies in advance if this is in fact...
  7. E

Interior Lights and Parktronic System Faults

Hi. Just bought an E280 last week, the 2006 facelift model and have a few issues to sort out. Got it at a decent price so can't complain really. Electrics wise I have two problems, any suggestions would be much appreciated. The interior roof lights don't work at all, ambient, reading, normal...
  8. E

W211 Tyres

Hi. Looking for recommendations for tyres for an 2006 E280. Just bought the car last week and drove it in the rain for the first time today, it was scary on roundabouts even at very low speeds (unless you really enjoy losing grip obviously, my wife didn't appreciate it much!) the tyres fitted...
  9. C

Buying a W211 Estate

So ladies and gents, as some of you may know I have decided to chop the X Trail in against a W211 estate and have spent the last few weeks looking. Been to see two, both lemons with major SBC problems. I have two lined up to see tomorrow so hands off those on Leics! Anyway, I've found this...
  10. F

W211 - front driver seat belt replacement

Hello All My f/o seat belt is fraying and probably won't pass the next MOT, having given it a shave twice already. It's on a W211 270 Saloon 2003. What are the steps for removing and replacing the seatbelt unit. I've had a quick search and the nearest I found was the removal of the B...
  11. A

Cat D E320CDI

Hi all. I am still in search for the only one. Came across one with Cat "D". As I'm not Merc expert I need to ask you guys what might be wrong (apart from obvious visible damage) with the one attached? I mean is there any electronic devices behind headlamps and bumper which could be costly to...
  12. PovertySpec

Overhead Control Panel Bulb Change

Do I really have to remove the rear view mirror and drop the whole OHP off just to change the bulbs or is there an easier way, obvious to everyone but me :confused: I know it's an easy 2 min job but ..
  13. M

W211 E-220 REAL TIME Data: Can you read the problem?

Hello members, I am troubleshooting a 722.699 gearbox with "no acceleration/no power" in D or R mode. I have a E-220 CDi [W211] - 2002 with 234k km. Performed the ATF service and changed the Electronic Conductor Plate/Plug/Seals. But still after few days of driving this stubborn car is in "Stand...
  14. M

Total Electrical outage - intermittent

I have searched the forums for W211 and can't find this issue mentioned. I have a 56 plate W211 320cdi Sport Edition saloon with 55,000 miles on the clock and I do 60 miles a day commuting plus business miles - about 20,000 annual so it is regularly used and serviced. Three or four times I...
  15. M

Another Sucker

Hello all, Just a note to introduce myself as a new member of the forum. Joined predominantly to try to find some help with the most unreliable car I have ever owned - a 56 plate 55,000 mile E-class W211. Had it six, months and has had Turbo, rear springs, rear discs, front discs, two...
  16. M

722.699 W211 E220 Automatic Transmission Comparison (2002 vs 2005)

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I need your professional advice and feedback about replacing and fitting the automatic transmission and torque converter with flywheel from a 2005 W211 E220 (110 kW/150 Hp) CDi (please see picture) into my 2002 W211 E220 (110 kW/150 Hp) CDi. Please take...
  17. E

2002 Mercedes E270 CDI W211 Loud idle (knocking) after 4-5 when cold

Following my previous issue with seals and non-start due to injectors. I recon'ed 3 of them and no black smoke appears under load. However, there is a knocking noise at low engine speed/idling when say manovering around a car park. This is more prevalent when starting from cold, it starts...
  18. M

2004 e320cdi IL6

Hello All, Just wanted to say thank you for the forum, have come here on a number of occasions regarding both my current and previous mercedes. I just wanted to put some points together regarding my specific model of E class for anyone thinking of buying one, i know for many this is an old car...
  19. E

2002 W211 E270 CDI NON START AFTER COPPER WASHER CHANGE

Hi All, I have a E270 CDI with new copper injector washers fitted. there is compression as seals seem air tight. 3 injectors had tiny balls missing which I bought (ceramic not sure if it makes a difference between steel but I was told this injector takes the ceramic ones) and they fit well so...
  20. SmoothBall

W211 Cigarette Lighter Not Working

Hi there, I have a 2003 W211. The cigarette lighter has recently stopped working. I suspect it's a fuse. I've checked the fuses in the boot, and they're all fine. User's manual says there's another fuse panel at the left end of the dashboard. Firstly, I'm wondering if that should be the...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom