w203

1. Y

Do i need to replace wiring harness after chaning camshaft magnets

I replaced the front camshaft magnets after they started leaking oil, i cleaned the adapters and found some oil in ecu adapter and cleaned it. Do i need to replace the wires? I checked the car for codes and nothing came on. The car sometimes hesitates. 2006 c200k 47000 miles
  2. D

W203 2005 Parktronic Sensor Removal

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been asked numerous times before. I recently purchased my first MB, a C180 2005 reg Kompressor Advantgarde and took it to my local MB dealer to run a diagnostics as the parktronic was not working but the display was lighting up. It...
  3. H

Fuel tank not levle - engine cut off

Hi I'm new to this forum and I could use some good advise from you guys. Recently my W203 220 CDI 2003 cut off in the middle of the road without any bad or wired noise coming from the car, it just turned off by it self. The diesel gauge is showing that is has half tank of fuel. I couldn't...
  4. H

Need Help finding the ABS Wheel Sensors on W203

Hi guys, My car has been diagnosed as having a faulty offside rear wheel speed sensor and I'm trying to locate the wheel speed sensor on my 2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe. I've never opened up a car wheel before and would appreciate it if a kind member of this forum could help me find where the...
  5. C

Mercedes C220 CDI W203 Lots of error codes

Hey guys. Back in February i used a garages Snap on machine to read the error codes on my W203. Here is the plethora of what i got. Date: 11/02/2014 Vehicle Make: Mercedes Vehicle Model: C220 CDI Vehicle Year: 2001 Derivative: W203 Tool Used: Snap On Solus Pro 10.2 Vehicle ID as: 2001 MB...
  6. I

Starting problems w203 c180

Hi there. I posted on this issue before but it seemed to resolve itself so stupidly forgot about it. But now it is back with a vengeance. When I try to start my car (especially in the mornings or after a few hours of inactivity) I am not getting the "sound" when I put the fob in the...
  7. M

C180K squealing noise

Hi, I have a problem locating where a squealing noise is coming from on my 2004 C180 1.8L Kompressor, M271 engine. I've added 3 videos to show my problem: 1st whilst idling without squeal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkaous--U3g 2nd with squeal when accelerator applied...
  8. Mercedes-2010

Full Alignment - Newcastle Staffs

Hi All, Just to let you know of a great place to get your 4 wheel alignment done in Newcastle Staffordshire. They are a Jaguar Indi with some ex MB staff, a very professional outfit and not extortionate with hourly rates either. They have the Hunter machine on site and know how to use it...
  9. M

W203 Ignition issue...?

Hi all, Car Details: W203 - 2004 - C180k A very weird thing has been happening for the past few days. I don’t think the car registers that the key fob is out of the ignition. When I take my key out of the ignition after driving, the radio will stay on for 7-10 seconds and the 'click'...
  10. J

W203 Speaker Upgrades

Hi All, I've been thinking of upgrading the speakers since installing my Pioneer AVH-3500DAB head unit (4 x 50W RMS output). I was planning to start with the front pair then maybe do the rear as well. But the other day one the rear passenger side speaker starting making horrible buzzing...
  11. O

I am wanting a spare 2 button ignition key.

Hi all! I have recently said goodbye to my W202 (C240), and traded her in for a W203 Coupe (C220). My only problem is I want a spare or second key. I have looked a little on Flea sorry eBay & I am just a little confused:confused:! Yup I have no wish to go to a an MB main dealer & get fleeced...
  12. B

2002 C220 Coupe Passenger Side Front Wing - RUST

C Class - C220 Coupe 2002. Yes indeed, the dreaded rust rears its ugly head. I have been trying to find a replacement passenger side front wing and while I can find the saloon front wing for peanuts, the Coupe appears to carved from pickled Unicorns and Pixies. A rare beasty indeed. Does...
  13. renrutp76

W203 cdi EPC Fault

some of my recent threads highlight the issues I have been having. Here is a brief summary:- Car was initially hesitating under acceleration at low RPM, initially thought to be a gearbox issue, however my opinion was air in fuel after checking a clear section of pipe. A temporary clear...
  14. I

w203 C180K Limp mode.

Hi guys. About a week ago the engine light came on my dash board. I drove home as I was not too far away and turned the engine off. I started it again about 5 mins later and the light was off and as far as I could tell everything was ok. The next morning I was driving to work and realised...
  15. S

W204 Steering Wheel & Squib retrofit to W203 C Class

Hi not sure if this is the correct section to post in? Id like some help / advice with my current task which I have started but hit a brick wall... I want to retrofit the W204 Steering wheel to my car. I have googled this for days and searched the forum but it returns 0 results strangely...
  16. J

All new tyres for my W203 - which brand shall I go for?

Hi, I need 2 new rear tyres and the front haven't got long left either. The steering wheel also judders when going above 70mph, so I need to get my wheels balanced. I was looking to bite the bullet and replace all the tyres at the same; the tyre size currently being used is: 195/65 R15...
  17. renrutp76

W203 C270CDI Water Pump Problem

Hi All, Having a slight problem with my water pump, noticed an unusual ticking noise. and shortly after failing to locate the fault, started to smell a slight whiff of hot coolant/antifreze. It seems to be running down the block from the water pump. I ordered one from ECP, and when I went to...
  18. P

DPF problems on W203

Hi, new MB owner and first post here, shame it is a cry for help! I have owned my '04 C220 Estate for 1 month now, I thought it was a good buy with its full MB service history and 85k on the clock. For the first 2 weeks all was well and then I noticed it was feeling a bit sluggish and the...
  19. L

W203 prefacelift - Shortcircuit heated mirror, now what?

My car: C-class w203 200cdi 2001 My problem: Rightside mirror got nailed at the parkinglot. I removed the broken parts, and left the wiring hanging :(.. Obviously the wiring carried electric power and thus shortcircuited, more specifically the connectors to the heated mirror. They ended up...
  20. S

My experience of the Restoration & Modification of a 2001 S203

With occasional help from members of this Forum, I have had a lot of fun and considerable reward investing time and esudos in a 12 year old C220 CDI Estate that a friend offered me 'for beer tokens' due to its high mileage. But the engine was clearly fabulous and not sounding or feeling any...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom